HFM Board of Education
Harry Brooks – President
Jean LaPorta – Vice-President
2020-21 meeting schedule
Unless otherwise noted, meetings begin at 5 p.m. and are held in the Board Room at the HFM BOCES campus.
NOTICE: Pursuant to public safety guidelines regarding the coronavirus outbreak and Gov. Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.1, public attendance at HFM Board of Education meetings will be permitted via teleconference only. During this time, instructions on how to access meetings via telephone will be available on the meeting agendas in BoardDocs.
BoardDocs—an electronic board document management system—provides up-to-date HFM BOCES Board of Education agenda items, support documents, policies, and procedures via the Internet. Go to Boarddocs
Members of the HFM BOCES Board of Education are volunteers who are elected by members of the Boards of Education of our component school districts to serve for three-year terms.
- July 1 Reorganizational Meeting (July 1, 2020 meeting video)
- July 29 Goal Setting Meeting (July 29, 2020 meeting video)
- August 26
- September 30
- October 28
- December 9
- January 27
- February 24
- March 31
- April 14 Annual Meeting – 6 p.m.
- April 28 (Annual Election/Admin. Budget Vote)
- May 26
- June 30
2019-20 School Year
- July 10, 2019 – Reorganization/Special Board Meeting
- July 24, 2019
- August 28, 2019
- Sept. 25, 2019
- Oct. 7, 2019
- Oct. 30, 2019
- Nov. 20, 2019
- Dec. 11, 2019
- Jan. 6, 2020
- Feb. 28, 2020
- March 25 (March 25 minutes and video recording)
- April 6 Annual Meeting (Annual Meeting minutes and video recording)
- April 29 (April 29 video recording)
- May 27 (May 27 minutes and video recording)
- June 8 (June 8 video recording)
- June 24 (June 24 video recording)
- June 30 (June 30 video recording)
2018-19 School Year
- July 11, 2018 – Reorganization/Special Board Meeting
- July 25, 2018
- July 30, 2018
- August 29, 2018
- Sept. 26, 2018
- Oct. 29, 2018
- Dec. 12, 2018
- Dec. 19, 2018 (Special Meeting)
- Jan. 31, 2019
- March 1, 2019
- March 5, 2019 (Special Meeting)
- March 6, 2019 (Special Meeting)
- April 3, 2019 (Annual Meeting)
- April 17, 2019
- May 3, 2019 (Special Meeting)
- May 29, 2019
- June 19, 2019
2017-18 School Year
- July 5, 2017 – Reorganization/Special Board Meeting
- July 26, 2017 – Goal Setting/Special Meeting
- August 30, 2017
- September 27, 2017
- October 25, 2017
- December 13, 2017
- January 31, 2018
- February 28, 2018
- March 28, 2018
- April 11, 2018 (Annual Meeting)
- May 30, 2018
- June 27, 2018
In keeping with New York State’s Open Meeting Law, Board of Education meeting minutes will be posted within 14 days of their approval by the board, usually at the next regularly scheduled meeting. Pending minutes will not be posted online, but may be viewed at the office of the HFM BOCES District Clerk.
For archived minutes from previous years, please contact HFM District Clerk Christine Eaton, (518) 736-4681, ext. 4696.
How Open Meeting Law makes Board of Education meetings more accessible
Section 103(e) of the Open Meetings Law ensures that the public has access to the materials under discussion by a public body prior to a meeting.
HFM BOCES Board of Education, committed to open and transparent conduct of business, will make every practicable effort to provide access to records that are “scheduled to be the subject of a discussion” during any open meeting.
The section addresses two types of records: first, those that are required to be made available pursuant to FOIL; and second, proposed resolutions, law, rules, regulations, policies or amendments thereto. When either is scheduled to be discussed during an open meeting, the law requires that they be made available to the public, to the extent practicable, either prior to or at the meeting.
Meeting agendas, minutes and applicable documents will be available online at the same time they are made available to board members. Documents are also available upon request from the superintendent’s office. There may be a fee for printed materials.