HFM Board of Education
2019-20 meeting schedule
Unless otherwise noted, meetings begin at 5 p.m. and are held in the Board Room at the HFM BOCES campus.
BoardDocs—an electronic board document management system—now provides up-to-date HFM BOCES Board of Education agenda items, support documents, policies, and procedures via the Internet. Go to Boarddocs
Members of the HFM BOCES Board of Education are volunteers who are elected by members of the Boards of Education of our component school districts to serve for three-year terms.
- July 10 Reorganizational Meeting/Special Meeting
- July 24 Special Meeting
- August 28
- September 25
- October 30
- December 11
- January 29
- February 26
- March 25
- April 1 Annual Meeting
- April 29 (Annual Election/Admin. Budget Vote)
- May 27
- June 24
Board Goals (2018-19)
The goal of HFM BOCES Board of Education is to increase the Educational Capacity of our region to support opportunities that create a pipeline to higher education and meaningful employment.
- Recruit an innovative and collaborative leader to serve as the next HFM BOCES District Superintendent
- Review HFM Board of Education policies to identify changes and additions required to best meet current needs and adhere to applicable laws and regulations
2018-19 School Year
- July 11, 2018 – Reorganization/Special Board Meeting
- July 25, 2018
- July 30, 2018
- August 29, 2018
- Sept. 26, 2018
- Oct. 29, 2018
- Dec. 12, 2018
- Dec. 19, 2018 (Special Meeting)
- Jan. 31, 2019
- March 1, 2019
- March 5, 2019 (Special Meeting)
- March 6, 2019 (Special Meeting)
- April 3, 2019 (Annual Meeting)
- April 17, 2019
- May 3, 2019 (Special Meeting)
- May 29, 2019
2017-18 School Year
- July 5, 2017 – Reorganization/Special Board Meeting
- July 26, 2017 – Goal Setting/Special Meeting
- August 30, 2017
- September 27, 2017
- October 25, 2017
- December 13, 2017
- January 31, 2018
- February 28, 2018
- March 28, 2018
- April 11, 2018 (Annual Meeting)
- May 30, 2018
- June 27, 2018
In keeping with New York State’s Open Meeting Law, Board of Education meeting minutes will be posted within 14 days of their approval by the board, usually at the next regularly scheduled meeting. Pending minutes will not be posted online, but may be viewed at the office of the HFM BOCES District Clerk.
For archived minutes from previous years, please contact HFM District Clerk Christine Eaton, (518) 736-4681, ext. 4696.
How Open Meeting Law makes Board of Education meetings more accessible
Section 103(e) of the Open Meetings Law ensures that the public has access to the materials under discussion by a public body prior to a meeting.
HFM BOCES Board of Education, committed to open and transparent conduct of business, will make every practicable effort to provide access to records that are “scheduled to be the subject of a discussion” during any open meeting.
The section addresses two types of records: first, those that are required to be made available pursuant to FOIL; and second, proposed resolutions, law, rules, regulations, policies or amendments thereto. When either is scheduled to be discussed during an open meeting, the law requires that they be made available to the public, to the extent practicable, either prior to or at the meeting.
Meeting agendas, minutes and applicable documents will be available online at the same time they are made available to board members. Documents are also available upon request from the superintendent’s office. There may be a fee for printed materials.