HFM BOCES Adult Literacy and Correction Education is seeking a full-time Integrated English Literacy and Civics Educator.
Under general supervision, adult educators provide instruction and facilitate learning experiences for adult learners. Coursework may include English as a Second Language, skill development, workforce preparation, and related courses. Requires an interest in and commitment to working in a non-traditional instructional program. Adult educators provide adult learners with successful pathways and transitions to post-secondary education, training, and workforce opportunities.
Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE) provides adult English language learners (ELLs) with learning experiences that enable them to achieve competency in the English language and develop skills needed to function effectively as parents, workers, and citizens in the United States. Such services shall include instruction in literacy; English language acquisition; the rights and responsibilities of citizenship and civic participation; and must include workforce training.
- Bachelor’s Degree and NYS teacher’s certification in an area related to teaching assignment.
- Demonstrable competence in subject matter assigned to teach.
- Knowledge of computer applications and educational technology as related to instructional function.
- Effective problem solving, communications, organization, record keeping and human relations skills.
- Ability to teach learners with varied learning styles.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and English.
Job descriptions available by request: email@example.com
Send letter of interest, resume, proof of certification and references to Coordinator Laurie Bargstedt at 2755 State Hwy 67, Johnstown, NY 12095, email submissions are acceptable, by May 17, 2019.