The application period for 2021-22 freshmen is now open.
Start your application here. (This link takes you to a website separate from HFM BOCES.)
HFM PTECH is committed to enrolling a diverse student population reflective of the geographic area served by HFM BOCES.
The application process is all online and includes:
- Student’s information
- A personal statement (250 word minimum)
- Counselor recommendation
- Teacher recommendation
- Parent form
- PTECH informational visits (virtual and in-person) to component schools: December/January
- Prospective Student Night: 6 p.m. January 27, 2021
- Applications due: February 28, 2021
- Applicants visit PTECH schools (shadowing/interviews): February (if possible)
- Application Review Committee meets: March 2021
- Students/districts notified of acceptance: April 2021
See below for more information about the application process.
Because of the way the curriculum is structured to allow for acceleration into college courses, only current eighth-graders are eligible to apply to PTECH, and students must enter the program their freshman year of high school.
To be eligible to apply to either PTECH school, students must currently be enrolled in school at a participating district and pass the eighth grade.
Each of the following school districts is an HFM BOCES component district and can send students to the PTECH schools. Check with your school guidance counselor for specific information regarding eligibility.
- Greater Amsterdam School District
- Broadalbin-Perth School District
- Canajoharie Central School District
- Edinburg Common School District
- Fonda-Fultonville Central School District
- Fort Plain Central School District
- Gloversville Enlarged School District
- Greater Johnstown School District
- Lake Pleasant Central District
- Mayfield Central School District
- Northville Central School District
- Oppenheim-Ephratah-St. Johnsville Central School
- Wells Central School District
- Wheelerville Union Free School District
The application process involves getting recommendations from teachers and guidance counselors, along with completing an online application that includes a written statement and a form parents fill out. Applicants also will participate in an interview session.
- Meet with their school counselor to discuss the program and their application.
- Attend the Prospective Student Night.
- Complete the all the requirements of the online application form no later than the stated deadline.
- Attend a shadow day/interview at PTECH
Selection and wait-list process
Completed applications that are received by the deadline will be evaluated by the Application Review Committee.
Selected students are required to attend a “Summer Bridge” program for incoming freshmen
Students who meet the requirements but who are not selected will be placed on a waiting list for their school. Should a slot become available before the start of the school year, it will be offered to a student from the waiting list for that school.