The application period for the 2019-20 freshmen class is now closed.
HFM PTECH, Agriculture PTECH, and Foothills PTECH are committed to enrolling a diverse student population reflective of the geographic area served by HFM BOCES.
When the application opens for the 2020-2021 freshmen class, this page will be updated with a link to the online application, as well as all the appropriate deadline information. Typically, the application for the next school year will be available by mid-December.
See below for information about the application process.
Because of the way the curriculum is structured to allow for acceleration into college courses, only current eighth-graders are eligible to apply to PTECH, and students must enter the program their freshman year of high school.
To be eligible to apply to either PTECH school, students must currently be enrolled in school at a participating district and pass the eighth grade.
Each of the following school districts is an HFM BOCES component district and can send students to the PTECH schools. Check with your school guidance counselor for specific information regarding eligibility.
- Greater Amsterdam School District
- Broadalbin-Perth School District
- Canajoharie Central School District
- Edinburg Common School District
- Fonda-Fultonville Central School District
- Fort Plain Central School District
- Gloversville Enlarged School District
- Greater Johnstown School District
- Lake Pleasant Central District
- Mayfield Central School District
- Northville Central School District
- Oppenheim-Ephratah-St. Johnsville Central School
- Wells Central School District
- Wheelerville Union Free School District
The application process involves getting recommendations from teachers and guidance counselors, along with completing an online application that includes a written statement and a form parents fill out. Applicants also will participate in an interview session.
- Meet with their school counselor to discuss the program and their application.
- Attend the informational open house on at the school to which they are applying.
- Complete the all the requirements of the online application form no later than the stated deadline.
Selection and wait-list process
Completed applications that are received by the deadline will be evaluated by the Application and Recruitment Team.
Selected students are required to attend a “Summer Bridge” program for incoming freshmen
Students who meet the requirements but who are not selected will be placed on a waiting list for their school. Should a slot become available before the start of the school year, it will be offered to a student from the waiting list for that school. If all the available slots for a particular school are not filled, a lottery will be held among students on the waiting lists for all the component school districts.