Digital Multimedia & Communications
The Digital Multimedia program is a collaborative initiative designed to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes students need to create and respond to evolving digital media techniques.
Students use state-of-the-art Apple computers and digital equipment to create multimedia projects. In this course, students will use the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite in photography and videography to create and manipulate digital media designs.
Students in this program will also utilize audio mixing and recording equipment in the digitally equipped sound studio.
In addition, students learn professional and communication skills necessary to establish, maintain and develop client relationships.
The program offers interdisciplinary study that provides frameworks within which motivated students combine their knowledge of the arts with critical training using cutting edge and emerging creative technologies.
- Successful students will be able to transition into entry level employment or pursue related college studies.
- Students will prepare for the Adobe certification examination.
- Develop skills required to use various software technologies as tools for visual expression.
- Design, create and present audio and video images that reflect individuality and creativity.
- Explore career options related to Digital Multimedia and develop essential skills in pursuing those options.
- Successful participation in a meaningful Digital Multimedia internship in the senior year.
Elements of Course Content:
- Adobe Creative Suite including:
- Photoshop (photography)
- Illustrator (illustration)
- InDesign (page design)
- Dreamweaver (web design)
- Flash (multimedia)
- ProTools (audio)
- Premier (video)
- After Effects (video)
Keys to Program Success:
- Excellent attendance
- Daily performance and participation
- Time management skills
- Able to work independently and as member of a team
- Participation in various activities requiring public speaking and presentation skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate maturity and personal responsibility
High School credits earned:
Students may earn one (1) Art or Music credit upon successful completion of two years of the Digital Multimedia program.