On behalf of the Board of Education for HFM BOCES, welcome you to our team. We believe that every person at HFM BOCES—from our administrators to our instructional team to our support staff—is a critical part of our mission—to motivate and successfully equip students for their future after high school.
Our slogan, “Partner. Advocate. Leader.”, is more than just words. It represents a commitment to respond to the needs of our component school communities with dedication and passion.
Our region may lack some of the advantages of wealthier school districts around the state, but we do not lack in creative, committed, enthusiastic people who want to provide opportunities for our students to grow and succeed. We expect every member of our team to share that devotion.
BOCES is all about cooperation and collaboration. We appreciate the skills and gifts you bring to your employment here, and value the contribution you will make in the lives of the people you touch. This handbook equips you with the tools you need to fit seamlessly into our community and serve our students well.
Please take time to read this manual and to get to know us better by exploring HFM BOCES online at www.hfmboces.org. Also, notice the wealth of online resources for employees at www.hfmboces.org/employees/.
Again, welcome to HFM BOCES. If you have questions at any time during your employment, please contact your direct supervisor or the Human Resources Office.
HFM BOCES Employee Handbook (printer-friendly copy)
A printed copy of this handbook is available from the Human Resources Office. To view the Employee Handbook online, use the links below.
Table of Contents
If you have any further questions regarding the brief overview of the policies listed within this manual, please reference to the Board Policy Manual.
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Report of Possible Discrimination or Harassment
- Conduct by School Employees
- Acceptable Attire
- Prohibition of Corporal Punishment
- Collaboration with Community Resources and Law Enforcement
- Drug Free Workplace
- Smoke Free Environment
- Weapons on School Property
- Sexual Harassment
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Maltreatment
- Child Abuse Reporting Procedures
- Civil Service Regulations
- Confidential Student Record Access
- Copyright/Intellectual Property Rights
- Code of Ethics
- Internet/Computer Use
- Maintenance Requests
- Field Trips
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Annual Compliance Training
- Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Medication Dispensed by School Personnel
- Accident Reporting for Staff
- Accident Reporting for Students
- Sick/Personal Leave
- Travel and Overnight Stay
- Meal Reimbursement
- Expense Voucher
- Attendance at Conferences
- Instructional Appointments
- Non-Instructional Appointments
- Professional Growth/Staff Development
- My Learning Plan
- Employment Verification
- Military Duty
- Name and Address Change Requests
All new employees are expected to acknowledge that they have read and understood the policies contained in this handbook. This manual is NOT a legal document or contract of employment. The information within may be subject to change without notice. The most up-to-date version of the HFM BOCES Employee Handbook will be posted online.