For all responses: 1) take class roster with you (and make sure all students are accounted for) 2) supervise all students 3) Do not release students into unknown care 4) remain calm and wait for further instructions.
- After making a 911 call, have a staff person immediately call extension 4600, Front Lobby Receptionist, to confirm that an emergency has occurred and to state the nature of the emergency. Additionally, please contact Operations at 4380 and the District Superintendent’s Office at 4680.
- If a student or staff member is injured, notify the main office. Keep the area clear of non-essential personnel and account for other students nearby.
- The main office will contact the nurse’s office by phone (ext 4656) or via Public Address System and announce “Medical Emergency, Room (room name or number).” All designated school medical response personnel will respond to the scene.
- Lockdown will be announced by intercom, public address or otherwise, and the person announcing the lockdown must identify themselves and be authorized to implement this action.
- Immediately gather students from hallways into classrooms or offices. This includes common areas and restrooms immediately adjacent to classrooms.
- Lock classroom door(s) and have students take a seated position on the floor next to the wall out of view from the door window. Do Not cover windows. Leave the window blinds and lights as they are.
- No one should be allowed to enter or leave a classroom or office under any circumstances.
- Do not answer or communicate through your locked door (except for known, fully uniformed and identified police officers).
- Do not respond to a Fire Alarm unless imminent signs of fire are observed.
- Take Attendance – include additions.
- Lockdown will be ended by intercom, public address system or otherwise, and the person announcing the lockdown must identify themselves and be authorized to end the lockdown.
- Lockout will be announced and terminated by intercom, public address system or otherwise. Terminate all outside activities and return to the building. Once the lockout is implemented, re-entry to the building may be gained only on an individual basis and only through a locked and monitored door. Classes otherwise continue as normal.
SHELTER IN PLACE
- Shelter in Place will be announced and terminated by intercom, public address system or otherwise. Follow instructions given.
- You may be asked to remain in place or to proceed to another area of the building.
- For a weather related situation, you may be given instructions to go to the hallway or an internal room without windows and sit down on the floor.
- If the fire alarm sounds and you are not in a lockdown, proceed out of the building as you do during a fire drill.
- In a lockdown situation, remain in your locked room and await further instructions. Do not respond to a Fire Alarm unless imminent signs of fire are observed.
- Report all bomb threats immediately to school administration and follow their instructions.
- Use NYS Police Bomb Threat Instruction Card for logging phone calls.
- A bomb threat, even if later determined to be a hoax, is a criminal action. The decision whether or not to evacuate is dependent upon information received in the threat, and how credible the information is.
- Handling of a written bomb threat should be kept to an absolute minimum, since it may be used as evidence in a criminal investigation.
- A threat written on a bathroom wall, mirror, or stall should not be removed until it is viewed or documented (photographed) by law enforcement.
CTC Office: (518) 736-4330
Alternative Ed. Office: (518) 736-4320
District Superintendent: (518) 736-4300
Operations: (518) 736-4380