COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies for HFM BOCES Programs 2021-2022 School Year
HFM BOCES is looking forward to the start of school in September. Consistent with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and New York State Education Department (NYSED), all HFM BOCES programs will follow the below COVID-19 safety protocols.
Hamilton-Fulton-Montgomery BOCES programs will be open for full in-person learning so long as allowed by public health officials.
- As recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the New York State Education Department (NYSED), the proper wearing of facemasks is required in indoor settings in all HFM BOCES programs and facilities.
- Masks will not be required during outdoor activities.
- As recommended by the CDC and NYSED, HFM BOCES programs shall maintain at least 3 feet of physical distance between students in classrooms, in combination with universal indoor masking.
- HFM BOCES will attempt to maximize physical distancing during meals in cafeterias in our student programs.
- The CDC’s order dated January 2021 requires masks on mass transportation. This applies to school buses. Therefore, masks shall be required on all HFM BOCES buses and other vehicles that transport students.
- HFM BOCES will attempt to maximize physical distancing on our buses and other vehicles when practicable. However, physical distancing will not be required on buses and other vehicles that transport students in accordance with the CDC’s guidance.
COVID Surveillance Testing to identify cases, clusters, and outbreaks:
- As recommended by the CDC and NYSED, HFM BOCES will implement surveillance testing.
Temperature and Questionnaire Screenings
- The CDC no longer recommends daily temperature screenings or screening questionnaires at school for students.
- Students and employees should stay home when they are showing signs of infectious illness, including COVID-19, and test for COVID-19.
- HFM BOCES encourages employees, students, and families to practice good hand and respiratory hygiene:
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Utilize hand sanitizing stations
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- HFM BOCES will continue comprehensive cleaning and disinfecting procedures.