The HFM BOCES Regional Transportation Department has an anticipated full-time opening for a Transportation Assistant effective May 30, 2019.
This position assists the Transportation Coordinator in the safe and efficient operation of the transportation program in the school district. The work involves dispatching of drivers and school buses for the district, and ensuring that all school district buses are staffed with drivers following established routes and prepared time schedules.
The work is performed under the general supervision of the Transportation Coordinator.
- Standard transportation methods and the operation of buses
- Geography of the district
- Safety procedures
- Traffic laws and regulations
- New York State Motor Vehicle law and applicable regulations of the Public
- Service Commission as they relate to school bus operation
- Ability to organize driver training and safety courses for school bus drivers
- Maintain records and prepare written reports
Graduation from high school, possession of a high school equivalency diploma, or a high school individual education plan diploma and one year of experience involving the operation of a personal computer in a school district transportation department or other business involving a mode of transportation.
Eligibility for a Class B CDL License with P and S endorsements issued by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Interested candidates may apply via OLAS on or before May 12, 2019.
A letter of application, an updated resumé should be addressed to HFM BOCES Human Resources Manager Aaron Flynn.