Find notifications about closings and delays on HFM BOCES Twitter and Facebook pages
Just a reminder that all notifications about school closings and delays are posted to our social media channels first. The decision to delay or cancel classes at HFM BOCES due to weather conditions is determined by our component schools decisions.
We communicate those decisions through several channels:
- HFM BOCES staff is notified first through internal notification systems.
- Our official Twitter account (twitter.com/HFMBOCES) will be the first social media channel to post the information.
- We also share the news through our Facebook account. (www.facebook.com/hfmboces)
- Nearly every area TV and radio station with links to School Watch, the School Closing Network (http://cbs6albany.com/weather/closings)
- Our component school districts usually post closings on their individual school district websites and social media channels, and
- Closings and delays for HFM BOCES also are announced through local area media, including WENT 1340AM, 105.1FM and WBUG 99.7FM and 101.1FM.
Closing at HFM typically means that teachers and 10-month staff do not report, but 12-month staff usually report after a two-hour delay. HFM administrative, business and operations offices and the School Library System are open unless the facility is closed in extreme circumstances. Extended closings or other circumstances will also be explained on this website.