HFM BOCES is accepting applications for a full-time 12-month Administrative Coordinator who will oversee the
Instructional Resource Center and School Library Systems. This full-time, tenure-track position has an anticipated start
date of August 5, 2019.
NYS teacher certification required in School Library/Media with a Master’s in Library Science. Must have a minimum of
three years’ experience as a School Library Media Specialist and possess NYS certification as a School Administrator and
Supervisor (SAS), School Building Leader (SBL), or School District Leader (SDL) at the time of appointment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing library coordination and services to member libraries following
guidelines approved by the New York State Department of Education. The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for
all aspects of the Instructional Resource Center including planning, program and personnel management, professional
development, cooperative activities and fiscal management.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and constructive relationship between HFM BOCES and component districts,
- Updating and maintaining a union catalog in appropriate format,
- Continuous improvement of HFM BOCES loaning policies, procedures, and materials,
- Maintaining and enhancing collaboration, communications and level of service with other school library systems,
the Capital District Library System and the State Education Department,
- Serving as a consultant/resource for component district librarians and library programs,
- Coordinating in-service activities to meet the needs of component districts’ librarians and library aides,
- Administering School Library System programs, which provide services to member libraries in 15 school districts
as approved by the HFM BOCES Board of Education and the New York State Department of Education,
- Supporting and continue to enhance the development and maintenance of the HFM BOCES Media Library,
including purchasing and professional development.
- Supervising the HFM BOCES Courier Service.
A letter of application, an updated resumé and a copy of teaching and administrative certificate should be forwarded to Human Resources Manager Aaron Flynn via OLAS no later than April 26, 2019.