The HFM BOCES Adirondack Academy is seeking applicants for the position of prinicipal.
This is a 12-month, tenure-track administrative position within the HFM BOCES Administrative bargaining unit, with an anticipated start of Sept. 1, 2020.
We are looking for an energetic instructional leader who will guide the HFM BOCES alternative education program.
Minimum requirements include:
- New York State School Building Leader or School Administrator and Supervisor certificate
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to promote the program to students, parents and school districts
- Ability to strengthen, support and innovative instructional programing while maintaining high expectations for academic success and professional behaviors
- Five years teaching experience in grades 7-12
- Ability to connect, mentor and work with at-risk in an alternative educational setting
- Experience with at-risk students
- Knowledge/experience related to Restorative Justice practices, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for Schools, and the Poverty Mindset as it pertains to educating at-risk students
- Experience with building an annual budget, creating class schedules, working with the appropriate parties to develop annual teaching curriculum
- Experience in conducting teacher and staff evaluations, providing constructive feedback to aide in teacher development and the ability to coach and mentor staff members
It is preferred, but not require, that the successful candidate will have administrative experience and/or previous employment in an alternative education environment.
A letter of application, current resumé and letters of recommendation, together with a copy of New York State administrative certificate(s) should be forwarded to Human Resources Manager Aaron Flynn via OLAS no later than May 27, 2020.