Edinburg Common School Superintendent/Principal Search
An Invitation to apply for the position of Superintendent of Schools/Principal
The Board of Trustees of the Edinburg Common School of Edinburg, New York is seeking a highly-qualified educational leader to fill the position of Superintendent of Schools/Principal. A tenured administrator with teaching experience is required. The search process will be conducted over the next few months with the successful candidate taking office on as soon as possible. All interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to submit letters of interest, an application form, and their professional credentials. All application materials must be received by May 31, 2019.
About the Community
The Town of Edinburg, with a population of approximately 1,200, is located within New York’s Adirondack State Park on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake in northwestern Saratoga County. Formerly referred to as the Sacandaga Reservoir, the 26-mile long, man-made lake, renamed the Great Sacandaga in the 1960s, was created by the construction of the Conklingville Dam in 1929.
Today, the shores of Great Sacandaga are dotted with hundreds of seasonal and year-round homes. The town is divided by the lake but connected by the modern 3,078-foot long Batchellerville Bridge.
The area offers four seasons of recreational and sporting opportunities including boating, water sports, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, snowshoeing, and much more.
Edinburg is located 35 minutes from Saratoga Springs, 45 minutes from Lake George, and 60 minutes from Albany and the Capital District area.
- Pre-K – 6 Common School; one of seven operating in New York State
- 100% highly qualified teachers
- Small class size – average ratio is one teacher to nine students
- State of the art interactive boards in all classrooms
- High student achievement
- Strong community involvement
- Active (PTO) Parent-Teacher Organization
- Library/Media Center
- Wi-Fi District
- Access to HFM BOCES programs
- Band and Chorus Programs
- Student Population — 70 Pre-K thru 6th grade
- Oversees tuitioned students in Grades 7-12 to Northville Central School District
Candidates must hold a New York State Certification as Superintendent of Schools.
A strong record of successful teaching and having been tenured as an administrator or principal is required.
Personal and Professional Characteristics
- A collaborative leader whose style is based on trust, integrity and honesty;
- An effective communicator who is capable of fostering positive public understanding and support of the schools by being visible and approachable in the community;
- A visionary for the Edinburg Common School District grounded in success for every student;
- A strong creative educational leader who sets high standards for self and others;
- An innovator who can think outside the box, foster new ideas, and make changes appropriate for the district after studying the issues;
- Strategic planning experience with a focus on instructional improvement;
- Will delegate responsibility and require accountability from all persons within the organizations;
- Possesses knowledge of New York State;
- Education Law, the Commissioner’s Regulations,
- State Learning Standards, and
- Will become part of the Edinburg Common School family.
The following materials must be received by May 31, 2019: letter of interest, current resume, transcripts and copies of New York State Certification. Electronic submissions only. Send materials to the Office of the HFM BOCES District Superintendent via email to:
Mrs. Jennifer Winton
Subject line: Edinburg Search
The Edinburg Common School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.