are and what we do
Membership in the HFM BOCES Teachers' Association is
available to all HFM employees who are regularly engaged
in educational services, including teachers, speech
therapists, social workers, teaching assistants,
psychologists and guidance counselors as deemed by the
New York State United Teachers (NYSUT).
The HFM BOCES Teachers’ Association is associated with
NYSUT and all of its national affiliates.
The purpose of our Association is:
1. To advance the standards of the teaching profession.
2. To promote effective communication among members.
3. To promote strengthen and advance the following, but not
limited to: salaries, tenure, leave, retirement and
other working conditions necessary to support teaching
as a profession.
4. To save members harmless from any contract enforcement
5. To promote and maintain equity with teachers of
To read our constitution and bylaws,