Digital Multimedia & Communications
Jay A. DeTraglia,
us on Facebook
The Digital Multimedia program is a collaborative initiative
designed to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes students
need to create and respond to evolving digital media techniques.
Students use state-of-the-art Apple computers and digital
equipment to create multimedia projects. In this course,
students will use the Adobe Master Suite Collection in
photography and videography to create and manipulate digital
Students in this program will also utilize audio mixing and
recording equipment in the digitally equipped sound studio.
In addition, students learn professional and communication
skills necessary to establish, maintain and develop client
The program offers interdisciplinary study that provides
frameworks within which motivated students combine their
knowledge of the arts with critical training using cutting edge
and emerging creative technologies.
View our new video
• Successful students will be able to transition into entry
level employment or pursue related college studies.
• Students will prepare for the Adobe certification examination.
• Develop skills required to use various software technologies
as tools for visual expression.
• Design, create and present audio and video images that reflect
individuality and creativity.
• Explore career options related to Digital Multimedia and
develop essential skills in pursuing those options.
• Successful participation in a meaningful Digital Multimedia
internship in the senior year.
Elements of Course Content:
Adobe Master Collection including:
• Photoshop (photography)
• Illustrator (illustration)
• In Design (page design)
• Dreamweaver (web design)
• Flash (multimedia)
• ProTools (audio)
• Premier (video)
• After Effects (video)
Required Program Components:
• Excellent attendance
• Daily performance and participation
• Time management skills
• Able to work independently and as member of a team
• Participation in various activities requiring public speaking
and presentation skills
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrate maturity and personal responsibility
• Graphic Designer
• Website Design
• Music Production
• Video Production
• Special Effects
Related Technical and College Studies:
• Graphic Arts
• New Media Design
• TV& Radio Production
• Web Design
• Music Recording Technology
• Movie Industry Studies
High School credits earned:
• Students may earn
one (1) Art or Music credit upon successful completion of two
years of the Digital Multimedia program.
Articulation Agreements exist with the following
• Full Sail
• Fulton Montgomery Community College
• Herkimer County Community College
• ITT Technical Institute
• Mohawk Valley Community College
• Monroe County Community College
• Russell Sage Junior College
• SUNY Oswego
Learn more about Articulation Agreements
[top of page]